Monday, September 2
Franklin Creek Pool
Race begins at 1:30pm
Free for Participants
Both children (ages up to 17) and adults (ages 18 and older) are welcome to participate, and prizes will be awarded to the fastest and most creative boats in each age group.
• Boats and paddles must be built from cardboard and duct tape only! (No other materials may be used.)
• Please, no paint, stickers or other decor. You may only use what can be made from duct tape and cardboard.
• Everyone must be in/on the boat from start to finish. No kickboard style boats.
• For children, boats will be placed in the water on one end of the pool, and once the captain is aboard, a stopwatch will be used to measure the time it takes for the captain to cross the pool in the boat and touch the other side of the pool.
• For adults, boats will be placed in the water on one end of the pool, and once the captain is aboard, a stopwatch will be used to measure the time it takes for the captain to cross the pool, turn around and cross again, then touch side of the pool.
To register your boat, please call 912.598.3535.
Labor Day Cookout
The Deck at Franklin Creek
Adults $16; children 5-12 $10; children 4 and under complimentary.
Reservations are not required.
Join us at The Deck for a family fun Labor Day cookout and Cardboard Boat Race! There will be a buffet, live music featuring the Levi Moore Trio from 1-3pm and drink specials! Click here to view the menu.