Wind: 7.43 mph (NW)
Junior Tennis Player of the Week - Ava Stewart
Junior Tennis Player of the Week
Our junior tennis players have been hard at work, so we would like to recognize those who deserve some congratulations. This week's player of the week is Ava Stewart. Ava is one of our hardest working players currently in our junior program. Not only does she have a great work ethic and positive attitude on the courts, but carries these characteristics off the court as well. She is a great model for the newer players. Keep working hard Ava!
1. How old are you?
2. How long have you been playing tennis?
3. What racquet do you play with, and does it have a name?
Wilson Blade 104
4. What is your favorite shot?
5. Who is your favorite professional tennis player?
Female: Garbine Muguruza; Male: Alex Zverev
6. What is your favorite pro tournament to watch?
The St. Joseph’s/Candler Challenger is my favorite pro tournament to watch, but my favorite “major” pro tournament to watch is the US Open.
7. What do you like most about tennis?
I love everything about the game. I have basically grown up on the tennis courts because my parents are tennis players, and when I was little they would bring me to their matches and practices. I also love the friendships I’ve made through tennis over the years.
8. What is your favorite game at practice?
Queen of the Court
9. What is your tennis dream or goal?
A dream would be to play tennis at a small college. My long-term goal is to stay healthy and to be able to play tennis for the rest of my life. I had a lower back injury two years ago and couldn’t play tennis or do any serious physical activity for 10 months. I missed tennis so much during that time.
10. What advice do you have for other junior tennis players?
Number one is to have fun. Also, work hard, listen to your coaches and always be polite to others, both on and off the court.
By Christina Danos
No comments yet.
Be the first.